Skill-driven development helps a lot to create working results.
Unfortunately skill-driven teams are not the norm.
So what can you do to improve your own and your team's skills?
- Improve your agile coaching
- Coach your team
- Learn to be patient and disciplined: handle the untrained team
- Surround yourself with people better than you: hire drive-driven personalities (if you are not able to collect the people around you, try to choose an existing team/organization with higher skills than your own)
- Get involved with the Agile Skills Project
- Help the team to improve: facilitate retrospective meetings
- Read at least one book on agile/development topics every other month
- Support or become a Clean Code Developer (German content only)
- Join and get active in a local user group
- Attend conferences: listen to talks, participate in workshops
This list for sure is not complete. There are more ways how to create a skill-driven development environment. If you have any ideas, please leave a comment.